Editor-in-Chief: David A. Boas, Boston University
Neurophotonics covers advances in optical technology applicable to study of the brain and their impact on the basic and clinical neuroscience applications.
Announcement: Neurophotonics will become a fully open access journal in January 2019. Beginning with submissions received on or after 1 July 2018, authors of accepted papers will be required to pay an article processing charge of $1675. Discounts may apply.
Evaluating motion processing algorithms for use with functional near-infrared spectroscopy data from young children
Lourdes M. Delgado Reyes et al.
Using a simulation approach to optimize time-domain diffuse correlation spectroscopy measurement on human head
Lina Qiu et al.
Jonathan R. Bumstead et al. (2017)
Eran Segev et al. (2017)
Review of transcranial photobiomodulation for major depressive disorder: targeting brain metabolism, inflammation, oxidative stress, and neurogenesis
Paolo Cassano et al. (2016)
Probing amyloid protein aggregation with optical superresolution methods: from the test tube to models of disease
Clemens F. Kaminski, Gabriele S. Kaminski Schierle (2017)
High-performance, inexpensive setup for simultaneous multisite recording of electrophysiological signals and mesoscale voltage imaging in the mouse cortex
Edgar Bermudez-Contreras et al. (2018)
Robel Dagnew et. al (2017)
Noninvasive detection of acute cerebral hypoxia and subsequent matrix-metalloproteinase activity in a mouse model of cerebral ischemia using multispectral-optoacoustic-tomography
Ruiqing Ni, Markus Vaas, Wuwei Ren, Jan Klohs (2018)
Hiroaki Fujimoto et al. (2017)
Investigation of the sensitivity of functional near-infrared spectroscopy brain imaging to anatomical variations in 5- to 11-year-old children
Ashley C. Whiteman, Hendrik Santosa, Daniel F. Chen, Susan B. Perlman, Theodore Huppert (2018)
Convolutional neural network for high-accuracy functional near-infrared spectroscopy in a brain–computer interface: three-class classification of rest, right-, and left-hand motor execution
Thanawin Trakoolwilaiwan, Bahareh Behboodi, Jaeseok Lee, Kyungsoo Kim, Ji-Woong Choi (2017)
Video introduction to the journal
- Articles are deposited into PubMed Central on behalf of the author, with full-text access available one year after publication
- Rigorous and prompt peer review (median time from submission to first decision: 38 days)
- Rapid, e-first publication of articles (median time from acceptance to online publication, including copyediting and typesetting: 22 days)
- Professional copyediting and typesetting
- Free online color figures
- Free inclusion of videos and multimedia content
- 5 free downloads for authors from the SPIE Digital Library
- Open access publication option at a low cost
- Integration with Code Ocean, a cloud-based code development and publishing platform